Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CR04

I feel like the past four classes have exposed me to the work ethics of design and what it is like to collaborate with a group of people and come up with a final product.
It is much different from my group project I had last quarter in my Theatre 100 class because in that class, we just came up with some random story and made props and costumes the way we wanted to. However, in design, there's a specific client and user that we need to keep in mind when designing and I feel like that made this project a challenge for me. It's much harder because now you have to focus on what it is that represents the client and how to match that with the user's needs.

Through working with my group, I also learned what it takes to cooperate with other people. Before, I was too scared to propose ideas because I was afraid of that rejected feeling where it seems like you came up with the worst idea in the world. But this time, I realized that any idea matters and whether people like it or not, it's important to just throw yourself out there because who knows when that thought could spark a brilliant idea?

It was also exciting and interesting listening to all the different ideas that people came up with. Some were very innovative and they helped me stretch my brain out to farther ranges. In the end, I am in love with what our group came up with and I kind of wished it really existed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment