Friday, May 13, 2011

J07

Aggie:
I really enjoyed looking at all the letters Aggie was able to find! I especially liked how she made all the photos black and white because it made the pictures look very professional. Since I don't know a whole lot about photography, I definitely learned a lesson from her :) Where she got her letters was interesting too because many of them were places I did not consider looking.

Avi:
"Having a more universal view of people and their cultures definitely helps products become culturally friendly and helps it’s people with ordinary tasks people face everyday. "
I definitely agree with this statement. I think it's important that when designers design, they make sure that it is specifically designed for another and that when they do design for someone else, it should reflect that person's culture, personality, identity etc. 

Crystal:
"'For the most part I think the legal system acts to protect people but there are times where I think it's absolutely ridiculous, such as technically having to pay royalties for singing "Happy Birthday.'"
I thought the same thing as Crystal about this. I know that we have specific laws to protect the rights of certain people but some of the laws are just silly. And with this ever-expanding technology, the laws might just get even crazier and crazier...
I understand how what GirlTalk does is illegal and against the law, but at the same time, I feel like he should get credit for his creativity instead of having to pay an enormous amount of money for using other people's songs.

Krisitan:
I definitely appreciated the speakers who came in as well. It made me understand better how design will be able to help me in so many ways. From listening to the speakers, it seems like design will help me organize my though process to portray and communicate ideas better. I feel like this applies to me a lot because as a marketing major, that will help me when I work in groups to come up with marketing tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment