Friday, April 22, 2011

CR02

I was a little surprised when Gabe pulled up the lecture slides on accessibility because I had just done one of my designer research on a company called Krabat who is all about accessibility for little children.
I had never thought about the relationship between "design" and "accessibility" because to me, they seemed like two different entities but now that I think of it, (as I always say) it makes sense!
Of course designers would be in charge of creating something for someone else and accessibility is a great thing for geniuses to come up with great solutions.
It was really interesting looking at all the different products that are out there which were created for accommodation.
Hopefully, even greater products will come out in the near future so that all people can enjoy things together :)

I also enjoyed watching all the TED lectures because they all focused on how design could be applied to the environment. The water-filter-bottle was especially awesome because that one product could help so many people who are in need of clean drinking water. 

I feel like the recent lectures we've had certainly demonstrate the point of how design is all about other people and not just for the self.

No comments:

Post a Comment