Friday, April 15, 2011

J03

First of all, HI! to all of my 6 buddies: Aggie, Avi, Crystal and Kristian :)
It was very fun and interesting reading each of your blogs! Definitely got my mind stimulated!


Aggie:
"Looking at books and magazines and even walking around campus with Gabe talking about architecture opened up a whole new world to me...cheesy as it sounds. I have never given architecture even a thought but that day I was so observant and eager to hear more about how and why these buildings on campus were built the way they are."
When I read this part, I started nodding my head in agreement because I remember thinking the same way too. Especially with Knowlton Hall and the ramp. I never really knew that the ramp continued all the way to the top of the building. When I found out that the ramp was there for people with physical disabilities, it made me think about the difference between art and design; for yourself vs. for others. 
http://agerhardt7design200.blogspot.com/2011/04/cr01.html


Avi:
"The consistency of the police cars give the image a feel where it could be possible for the trail of police cars could be infinite."
I really enjoyed looking at all of Avi's pattern photos but I especially liked the police car one! It just looks awesome. It almost reminded me of my bike rack pattern because they both show an actual thing/object repeating over and over again. I also liked how Knowlton Hall in the background has its own pattern going on. I just wonder what was going on that made this many police cars line up in front of Blackwell... Did I miss something...?
http://avistad.tumblr.com/post/4517382001/jo2-6-the-consistency-of-the-police-cars-give-the


Crystal:
"I think that Jonathan Ive is one of the most incredible designers there is and in my opinion, a genius. Apple is a prolific brand that consistently churns out innovative products that are unmatched in popularity and innovation. To be able to have a hand in all the products listed above is truly amazing .The simplicity of the products coupled with the top-of the-line technology is a formula for success."
I'm really glad Crystal did her designer research on Jonathan Ive because, honestly, I did not know he was the designer of all the Apple products (may have heard his name before in the past) and I always wanted to know who was responsible for them because they all look so neat! I've always been a PC person and I feel much comfortable using a PC so I don't really plan to get a Mac in the near future, but not going to lie, I do envy how awesome Apple laptops look compared to mine!
http://crystalscornerblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/assignment-2c-jonathan-ive.html


Kristian:
"I think that in our lives,design is very important topic and while combining it with the passion of learning new things,I can achive a lot."
I am very jealous of Kristian's talent :) I always wished I was good at something but I have always been pretty much mediocre at everything... Maybe design might be something I can be semi-good at :) I thought it was really neat that he had taken design classes from a very young age. And I really like the above quote; I think it is a great thing when your passion lines up with something you want to do in your life and I feel like that itself can motivate the individual to go above and beyond.
http://kboy123.blogspot.com/2011/03/about-me.html







No comments:

Post a Comment