Friday, April 29, 2011

RR02

I really enjoyed reading Chapter 7 from John Heskett's Design because it was interesting hearing about corporate identities and how much influence a simple logo design can have.
From reading this chapter, I learned that it is crucial that the logo or the image itself accurately delivers the message of the corporation and what it is that they strive for. Living in a society where we are always surrounded by numerous corporate logos, I feel like most people do not try to read too much into each and every one of them but it is amazing how big they are in our culture. I remember during class when Gabe had bits and pieces of  different corporate logos, most of us were able to guess which companies they belonged to without too much effort. I feel like that shows how much these logos have achieved the status of being recognizable as an identity.


Chapter 8 was also neat to read about because it mentioned the Tokyo subway system and I was able to picture everything in my mind while reading the descriptions. Now that I think of it, they do have many accommodations for the blind. Since I have seen them many times from when I was a child, I never really thought about design being incorporated into it, but now that I think of it, I feel like this is another prime example of the definition of design and how it is done for others.


The Introduction of Cradle to Cradle was also intriguing because what I got out of it was that people are producing things that are supposed to benefit others but in the long run, it is not only affecting the people themselves but also the environment in a negative manner. I am really excited to read further into this book because to be honest, I feel like I might enjoy this more than John Heskett's Design...

No comments:

Post a Comment